Crane grab bucket introduction
Crane grab bucket is a kind of tool used with cranes for material handling, which is mainly designed for handling of powder and fine bulk materials such as chemicals, fertilizer, grain, coal, coke, iron ore, sand, particle construction materials and mashed rock, etc.
Crane grab buckets are widely applied in ports, steel plants, power stations ships and garbage treatment plant with various cranes, such as, tower cranes, ship cranes, ship unloaders traveling cranes, etc.
Types of crane grab buckets
Based on different standards, the crane grab buckets can be classified into different types. And the general classifications of crane grab buckets are as follow:1. On grab bucket shape
Based on grab bucket shapes, crane grab buckets can be classified into clamshell grab buckets, orange peel grab, and cactus grab bucket.
- Clamshell grab bucket is the most common one which is used in silty, clayey and sandy materials.
- The orange peel grab bucket is frequently applied to remove the large irregular pieces of rock and other irregular pieces. With 8 jaws, the orange peel grab usually do not close very well.
- Cactus grab bucket is used to handle the coarse and fine materials at same time. With 3 or 4 jaws that close very well in the closed position and form a proper bucket.
According to bulk density of materials, crane grab buckets can be grouped in light, medium, heavy, and extra heavy crane grab basket.
- Light crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density of γ< 1.2t / m³ , such as dry grain, little bricks, lime, fly ash, aluminum oxide, sodium carbonate, dry slag , etc.
- Medium crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density of γ=1.2t/ m³~2.0t/ m³, such as, gypsum, gravel, pebbles, cement, large blocks, etc.
- Heavy crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density ofγ= 2.0t / m³ ~2.6 t / m³, such as, hard rock, small and medium-sized ore and scrap steel, etc.
- Extra heavy crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density ofγ>2.6t / m³,such as, heavy ore, scrap steel, etc. .
- Ropes grab. The crane grab buckets can be classified into single rope grab bucket, double rope grab bucket, and four rope grab buckets.
- Power self-supplied grab. The power self-supplied grab is usually referred to the one with electric motor, which is not suitable for underwater work.
- Non power self-supplied grab. The non-power self-supplied grab is mainly referred to electric hydraulic grab and pneumatic type grab.